Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
When to demand evidence and Why...
07-22-2011, 04:35 PM
When to demand evidence and Why...
When do you think we are justified in demanding evidence for religious beliefs and Why?

I think you are justified in demanding evidence for religious beliefs if and only if the believer is seeking to impose their beliefs on you or otherwise attempting to coerce, influence or affect you and your life. Otherwise, it’s not really your concern. Now, if you are just engaged in conversation about religion, you might inquire about evidence, but demanding evidence can only really be justified in the situation I mentioned above.
Why?
Why should you care what someone else believes in if it doesn’t affect you?

Other people have different views , I would love to hear them...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2011, 02:17 PM
RE: When to demand evidence and Why...
(07-22-2011 04:35 PM)Martinuk Wrote:  When do you think we are justified in demanding evidence for religious beliefs and Why?

I think you are justified in demanding evidence for religious beliefs if and only if the believer is seeking to impose their beliefs on you or otherwise attempting to coerce, influence or affect you and your life. Otherwise, it’s not really your concern. Now, if you are just engaged in conversation about religion, you might inquire about evidence, but demanding evidence can only really be justified in the situation I mentioned above.
Why?
Why should you care what someone else believes in if it doesn’t affect you?

Other people have different views , I would love to hear them...

I agree with you. I do not think having an imaginary friend(s) is harmful as long as it doesn't affect my life or harm the lives of others.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious