Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Would It Take ...?
07-17-2011, 01:07 PM
What Would It Take ...?
The real sign of intellectual integrity, is a willingness to change your mind.

So here’s the challenge: Whatever it is that you think is true about God, what would it take, hypothetically, to change your mind?

Is there any sort of experience that would indicate that there is a God or that there isn’t one? Could an argument do it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2011, 08:54 PM
RE: What Would It Take ...?
(07-17-2011 01:07 PM)Martinuk Wrote:  The real sign of intellectual integrity, is a willingness to change your mind.

So here’s the challenge: Whatever it is that you think is true about God, what would it take, hypothetically, to change your mind?

Is there any sort of experience that would indicate that there is a God or that there isn’t one? Could an argument do it?

An argument could not make me believe in a god. If a supernatural being floated down in front of me and changed my truck in to a pumpkin, I would listen to what he/she had to say. Big Grin
07-21-2011, 11:10 PM
(07-21-2011 08:54 PM)Suzie Wrote:  
(07-17-2011 01:07 PM)Martinuk Wrote:  The real sign of intellectual integrity, is a willingness to change your mind.

An argument could not make me believe in a god. If a supernatural being floated down in front of me and changed my truck in to a pumpkin, I would listen to what he/she had to say. Big Grin

Wink
07-22-2011, 03:21 AM
That's a very good question, I would be surprised if a lot of believers actualy have an answer.

The other way around, what would it take to prove a God to me, would be extraordinary evidence. And a very long discussion, I can't see how this so called 'God' could attempt to say it is the same one from the bible, or has watched over us individually.

Even with extraordinary evidence, I still may not be sure that it isn't just some vastly knowledgeable and technologically advanced being.

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious