Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Texas sexual assault conviction.....
08-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Texas sexual assault conviction.....
Polygamous sect leader Warren Jeff's sexual assault conviction is considered a victory for prosecutors and former church members who revile him.
But it may not mean much for the future of his church and the blindly faithful who follow him. Members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints still revere him as a prophet, God's voice on earth, even though he was convicted for having sex with sect girls as young as 12.

So Jeffs' grip on polygamous church is likely to remain.

Link to Associated Press Article
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/arti...6990ab98e2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2011, 12:36 PM
RE: Texas sexual assault conviction.....
I live in Arizona, and we have a very small but active polygamy group or groups in our north-east corner. While I'm unable to come up with a lawful or moral reason to only be married to one person, these polygamists are child molesters. Perhaps not in the full extent of the term, but children are being raised with the idea that they must produce as many children as possible as soon as they can (ie. VERY underage!) And of course these children are raising their children to do the same, and it ends up in a horrible circle!

Child abuse/molestation on it's own creates mostly molesters and victims, but to be raised where this is acceptable and taught to you as 'from God' makes it that much more extreme! I destroys people! And to me, it is close to, if not one of the worst crimes a person can commit!

Congratulations on a very late conviction. The case you posted has allowed rulings from other judges to be made available to the public, and in this case, there were sex tapes that went into detail about child molestation and these tapes where ruled as too extreme by other judges so they were not allowed into all the cases that came before this one.

On the one hand, when it comes to general law, I would rather a guilty person go free than an innocent person sentenced, but not allowing crucial evidence into a case seems far too extreme!

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-17-2011, 12:11 AM
RE: Texas sexual assault conviction.....
Stories like these are mind blowing to me , I can't grasp how they are allowed to carry on for so long without being checked . I suppose being a Social Worker I am more aufey with British law and draw comparisons where maybe I shouldn't . Could be the difference in population size and many other aspects that allow these people to get away with it for longer ,I'm not sure , I just feel that their communities must accept this as normal where as here in the UK it should be spotted ,I hope .
Find all posts by this user

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious