Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Richard Dawkins at Gala Theatre Durham UK....
09-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Richard Dawkins at Gala Theatre Durham UK....
Richard Dawkins
Durham Book Festival 2011

Thursday 20 Oct, 7.00pm
What are things made of? What is the sun? Why is there night and day, winter and summer? Why do bad things happen? Are we alone? In his new book,"The Magic of Reality", Richard answers all of these questions and many more. The event is suitable for all ages. Check out the special family ticket offer.

£12 (£10 conc), £4 under 18s, Family Ticket: £20 (available until 30 September)

BOOK NOW
http://www.galadurham.co.uk/theatre/index.php?page=5

Ive got my tickets !!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2011, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2011 06:10 AM by Martinuk.)
RE: Richard Dawkins at Gala Theatre Durham UK....
(09-06-2011 02:41 PM)Martinuk Wrote:  Richard Dawkins
Durham Book Festival 2011

Thursday 20 Oct, 7.00pm
What are things made of? What is the sun? Why is there night and day, winter and summer? Why do bad things happen? Are we alone? In his new book,"The Magic of Reality", Richard answers all of these questions and many more. The event is suitable for all ages. Check out the special family ticket offer.

£12 (£10 conc), £4 under 18s, Family Ticket: £20 (available until 30 September)

BOOK NOW
http://www.galadurham.co.uk/theatre/index.php?page=5

Ive got my tickets !!

I had the pleasure of going to the Durham book festival this week with my middle son Lewis who is a mature 13yr old.

He has always asked questions about how the world “really” works and what the truth is on certain subjects. Although I have always tried to maintain my children’s innocence when it comes to some traditions, I would never lie to them if they specifically asked, I would leave that to their “mothers”.

We both enjoyed Professor Dawkins presentation and explanations, but found the questions and answers part most thrilling, especially the amount of young people and children who were encouraged to ask questions and take part. My son Lewis has used the book already at school to explain things in class .

I have to say it was a thoroughly encouraging experience for us both. At the signing after, we pointed out my sons RDF T-shirt to Prof Dawkins who replied “Oh! Well done!” . Lewis is still wearing the T-shirt and wearing the permanent smile that he left with too.

10-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Wow, awesome!

Have your children/child ever asked about different religious views? Perhaps from having friends that have differing religious beliefs?

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-28-2011, 01:11 AM
By the way, let me know if you are going to any future book signings, I have rarely had the privileged of going to conferences/signings of authors I like and if possible would like to get singed book, if you think you could get a signature for me.

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2011, 12:34 PM
(10-28-2011 01:11 AM)Garrett Fogerlie Wrote:  By the way, let me know if you are going to any future book signings, I have rarely had the privileged of going to conferences/signings of authors I like and if possible would like to get singed book, if you think you could get a signature for me.

I wish I had known Garrett, that would have been no problem at all getting you a signed copy, will make sure I tell you in advance if I get the chance of getting anyone good.

My three boys have three different Mothers to start with....it's a long story....so they have come to their own enlightenment in different ways.
My eldest is agnostic but was raised Church of England. Middle son is atheist and loves science and evidence, my youngest is only 6yrs and I wouldn't even start to bring anything too serious up, the still likes santa the tooth fairy and until he asks me straight out his innocence will be maintained.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious