Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Phases of the Moon.....
07-31-2011, 04:11 AM
Phases of the Moon.....
Some studies support the possibility of a lunar effect .
Superstition ? or is there scientific proof? If the moon can affect the ocean and women's menstrual cycles, why can it not also affect mood? ... Is it only the full moon or do other phases of the moon produce different results .
If it does have an effect , then why , how does this work ??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2011, 11:50 PM
RE: Phases of the Moon.....
This isn't a area I have given much thought, I tend to stay on the side of not agreeing unless there is good evidence. But this doesn't seem too unlikely. We, as a species, evolved on this world, with the moon, sun, etc. Obviously our (and most all, including plants) sleep cycle is directly tied to the 24 hour day night cycle. If we evolved in a world where the day/night cycle is 40 hours, it's not unreasonable to think that this would be your sleep cycle.

A large amount of animals, even bacteria, use earth's magnetic field for navigation. I'm sure there are areas of life that utilize the moon. Like I said though, it's not something I have looked into, or care too much about.
While this is not the same, I wanted to point out that I absolutely don't agree with astrology.

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious