Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Original sin, what else can God pin on us?
08-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Original sin, what else can God pin on us?
For those that don't know, original sin is a term that is derived from the bible and it means inherited sin. It is the 'sin' we are guilty of for being related to sinners. This idea comes from Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." It makes us sinners even if we have never committed a sin, because the fact that our ancestors supposedly sinned (eating from the tree of knowledge) we are now guilty of this sin.

This idea is even worse than the though crime sins mentioned in the bible. The idea of original sin has been used to in many different ways, from justifying a sin-less person being sent to hell, to the death of innocent young children.

The idea that we are sinners just because our ancient ancestor broke a seemingly simple yet the only law of God is outrageous if not ridicules. However if you believe this, it creates a loophole that gives you an excuse to sin. It allows you to do unmoral things (sin) yet justify it by saying that you are a good person but you are a sinner by design; there isn't anything you can do about it.

When it comes down to it the bible appears to have the guidelines to give you anything imaginable, like getting into heaven and living forever, but on closer inspection it seems like no matter how hard you strive to live a good life in accordance to the bible, you are unworthy. As if the idea that if you commit a sin you will serve an eternity in hell isn't enough, God had to create an exception for those who follow his laws to the letter (even the ones that contradict each other.) It seems like no matter what you do, the God in the bible wants to see harm come to his creation!

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious