Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
I am a Christadelphian
08-06-2011, 12:38 PM
RE: I am a Christadelphian
(08-04-2011 01:55 AM)fxmikey Wrote:  Most definitely! As said just because i don't come on here for say 9 days doesn't mean i don't intend to carry on with a debate. I have a full time job, i am doing my jazz saxophone grades, i read and study, i debate on twitter and many other commitments.

I will check more now because of the latest discussions. I will also get back to your post when i have time. I have many posts to get back to.

Anyway looking forward to hearing the evidence that he was a Christadelphian first off?
Yes, I was a Christadelphian - I gave up on those hypocrites back in 1980. I attended the unamended ecclesia meetings in Conway, Arkansas. Occasionally, the amended CD meetings in North Little Rock, Arkansas. Attended the Christadelphian Bible School at Martinville, Arkansas. Presided at the dying (sisters only) Clinton, Arkansas ecclesia once a month.

Nowadays, I have a blog on Google "The Ex-Christadelphian". I am with "A Group for Ex-Christadelphians" on Facebook, where I am the moderator. I am the current owner of "The Painful Truth", a private forum on Delphi Forums for ex-Worldwide Church of God, ex-Christadelphians and ex-Jehovah's Witnesses.

Faith is disdain for evidence, dismissal of reason, denial of logic, rejection of reality, contempt for truth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Yes i believe you were. The one thing thing i am confused about is your attitude now. I'm not talking about your attitude to your belief, i'm talking about your attitude to people who hold their own belief. It's very surprising!

I went to Michigan last Christmas to visit my brother. He is now seeing a girl (Sarah) who is a Christadelphian. My brother is not but takes his two girls to a meeting there. When we were over there we met some really nice people. Of course like anywhere you go, it's a mixed community and there are always going to be people that you don't like or get on with. One of these people who is not nice at all is Sarah's Dad. He involves his mind in the crazy arguments that you have in America.
I think it's disgraceful that meetings in America won't fellowship with each other because of the amended and unamended. This is not Christian behaviour! The great Harry Tannant tried desperately to sort out the crazy splits that you have over there. He eventually failed because he couldn't get the people to agree on one point.

Because of life the way it is and human nature, we do have some differences in the UK but nothing as ridiculous as in America. We understand that study in scriptures is far more valuable and important than the trivial differences between people.

If people have lost their faith then that's entirely up to them. It's back to a life with no hope, no meaning, no purpose. I know you might will copy and paste that point or come back on it, but i would say don't waste your time anymore but actually think about it!

Write something more constructive instead of always coming back on my own opinions! You mentioned that you gave up on those hypocrites back in 1980. I would like to know why, so this would be a good example to include in your information.

Also how did you know about this site?
08-06-2011, 06:52 PM
(08-06-2011 04:06 PM)fxmikey Wrote:  Yes i believe you were. The one thing thing i am confused about is your attitude now. I'm not talking about your attitude to your belief, i'm talking about your attitude to people who hold their own belief. It's very surprising!
About 30 years of experience in talking with brainwashed Xians. It's very trying on the nerves when people are so dimwitted as to accept and believe things that simply cannot be true. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and believers in gods and angels and other spirits have no evidence at all. The supernatural world appears to be just what it is, superstition that only actually exists in the mind of the believer in it.

I have to keep reminding myself that it is all taken for granted to be true from the culture we live in. People assume it's true and never question it, their parents believed it from their parents all the way back to the beginning of it. Why do Xians believe in the Trinity? Because it was taught to them, taught to their parents all the way back to the 4th century. Try to explain to them that there is no Trinity and all you will get is a blank stare. Belief in certain things is built into the culture we live in and unless someone questions it, they will keep on assuming and believing it's true.

(08-06-2011 04:06 PM)fxmikey Wrote:  I went to Michigan last Christmas to visit my brother. He is now seeing a girl (Sarah) who is a Christadelphian. My brother is not but takes his two girls to a meeting there. When we were over there we met some really nice people. Of course like anywhere you go, it's a mixed community and there are always going to be people that you don't like or get on with. One of these people who is not nice at all is Sarah's Dad. He involves his mind in the crazy arguments that you have in America.
I think it's disgraceful that meetings in America won't fellowship with each other because of the amended and unamended. This is not Christian behaviour! The great Harry Tannant tried desperately to sort out the crazy splits that you have over there. He eventually failed because he couldn't get the people to agree on one point.

Because of life the way it is and human nature, we do have some differences in the UK but nothing as ridiculous as in America. We understand that study in scriptures is far more valuable and important than the trivial differences between people.

If people have lost their faith then that's entirely up to them. It's back to a life with no hope, no meaning, no purpose. I know you might will copy and paste that point or come back on it, but i would say don't waste your time anymore but actually think about it!

Write something more constructive instead of always coming back on my own opinions! You mentioned that you gave up on those hypocrites back in 1980. I would like to know why, so this would be a good example to include in your information.

Also how did you know about this site?
I knew about this site through someone reading my blog. I posted why I left the Christadelphians on another thread in answer to one of your posts. Do I need to repeat it in every thread? Maybe you should read what people post to you.

Faith is disdain for evidence, dismissal of reason, denial of logic, rejection of reality, contempt for truth.
08-06-2011, 11:38 PM
First off, I want to say welcome to Corky, thanks for joining in. If you don't mind, can you post links to your sites you talked about. I haven't googled them yet, but it would make it easier for anyone reading this to find them.

Before I get to my question, I wanted to say to everyone that it is hard to express and interpret tone and emotions from reading what others have/are saying; so try not to get offended or offend, and try not to resort to name calling. It is unnecessary and accomplishes noting.

I wanted to know what are the differences in the Christadelphian belief compared to more mainline Christian beliefs? Fxmikey has told me things like Catholicism is wrong, but (perhaps you have posted it elsewhere and I missed it) I don't think you have explained why?

Fxmikey, I wan'ted to know where you 'draw the line' at who gets into heaven? Do you believe that only people who share your belief exactly get in, or all practitioners of the Christian faith, other faiths, good people, etc?

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2011, 08:36 AM
(08-06-2011 11:38 PM)Garrett Fogerlie Wrote:  First off, I want to say welcome to Corky, thanks for joining in. If you don't mind, can you post links to your sites you talked about. I haven't googled them yet, but it would make it easier for anyone reading this to find them.
My blog: http://ex-christadelphian.blogspot.com/
Talk Origin's index to creationist claims with hundreds of links:
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html

The other two sites I have mentioned are private forums, for ex-members of the Worldwide Church of God, Christadelphians and Jehovah's Witnesses only.

Thanks for the welcome, I was invited by Martinuk through my blog email.

Thanks for the caution about name calling but your forum, "evil theists", is in itself name calling. Kind of ironic...however, I do try to avoid name calling.

08-07-2011, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2011 09:06 AM by Garrett Fogerlie.)
(08-07-2011 08:36 AM)Corky Wrote:  Thanks for the caution about name calling but your forum, "evil theists", is in itself name calling. Kind of ironic...however, I do try to avoid name calling.

I didn't mean that anyone was name calling, more that it is just harder to determine if they are (at least for me) since we are only reading what one person writes, not there tone, or physical expressions.

Thanks, I just want to point out that the name Evil Theists came from a letter I wrote a while back that got popular, quickly; and I just went with it. I don't consider theists 'evil' however there is a lot of pain, murder, etc, that comes from theists, and non theists too (however percentage wise I think it is more theists, and since theists are the greater percentage, well number wise it is more on their side too.)

Welcome none the less. Glad to hear your views.

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
08-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Oh also, are Jehovah's Witnesses similar to Christadelphians? I will look it up, but once again, for the sake of people reading, it seams like you may know better than trying to decide based on random websites.
Since I have no clue; I only heard of Christadelphians lately, but I am more familial with Jehovah's witnesses, mostly since they used to come to my house on a weekly basis for a few months a year ago.

08-07-2011, 11:16 AM
(08-07-2011 09:01 AM)Garrett Fogerlie Wrote:  Oh also, are Jehovah's Witnesses similar to Christadelphians? I will look it up, but once again, for the sake of people reading, it seams like you may know better than trying to decide based on random websites.
Since I have no clue; I only heard of Christadelphians lately, but I am more familial with Jehovah's witnesses, mostly since they used to come to my house on a weekly basis for a few months a year ago.
JW's hold to a lot of the same doctrines as the CD's. but there some big differences between them too.
CD's believe in a physical kingdom of heaven on earth.
JW's believe in a physical kingdom of heaven on earth.
CD's don't believe in a literal Satan or demon possession or fallen angels.
JW's believe in a literal Satan and demon possession and fallen angels.
CD's reject the doctrine of the Trinity.
JW's reject the doctrine of the Trinity.
CD's believe Jesus was a man and did not pre-exist his human birth.
JW's believe Jesus pre-existed his human birth as the arch-angel Michael.
CD's reject the hell-fire torments doctrine.
JW's reject the hell-fire torments doctrine.
CD's reject the immortal soul doctrine.
JW's reject the immortal soul doctrine.
CD's believe that all of the saved will live (again) on the earth.
JW's believe that 144,000 of the saved will go to heaven and the rest will remain on earth.

08-09-2011, 02:09 AM
I agree Garrett - Things have kinda gotton out of hand. I'm as much to blame myself. I've not had much time again but will post everything Christadelphians believe in detail soon and why we believe this. I want to show you that it is Biblical teaching and not our own man made up thoughts. Anyway i will start with this post and reply to the others after.

I know you are bitter about your Christian life Corky and i can understand why now. Believe me we're not all like that! Whether Christadelphian, Christian or non-Christian, there is evil in all forms of life, human nature. The point is the truth stays the truth and does not change because you got badly treated by the Christadelphians in your area. Does sound very untypical of the Christadelphians i know in the UK.
Anyway it would be good if you could calm/slow down a little so that we can all have an intelligible and reasonable debate/discussion.

I think we all know that we will not convince each other of our own beliefs but interesting conversation is still yet to be had i feel.

Garrett has now set the tone nicely in that there should be no name calling. I will add to this, no personal attacks, unwitting sarcastic remarks (sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!), false accusations, disrespect and so forth.

I will be be back ;-)
09-04-2012, 11:18 PM
I have a football boots online stores. We provide all kinds of football boots. The choice of the nike football boots - http://www.spainfootball.org/nike-footba...-c-68.html

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious