Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evolution: Theory means FACT....
10-02-2011, 07:28 AM
RE: Evolution: Theory means FACT....
Most people don't understand that the 'theory' of evolution is an idea that makes predictions and is testable! This is different from creationist ideas, which just propose guesses that fills their blanks.

Perhaps people don't understand that a scientific theory is more than just an idea, it is an idea that explains something, predicts what should occur, and most importantly it is TESTABLE! And if the tests don't produce the outcomes predicted, it is abandoned/changed/altered/repaired into a more precise theory that gets results. It is this type of building, idea by idea, that has propelled humanity to where it is today. Medicine, technology, connectivity, etc. everything we use today is influenced by this process! Our life span is more than double what it was before we evolved to this point and came to rely on this evolution of knowledge!

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evolution: Theory means FACT.... - Garrett Fogerlie - 10-02-2011 07:28 AM