Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
Catholic Morality.
05-29-2011, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2011 06:00 AM by Martinuk.)
Catholic Morality.
I find it interesting that Catholic fostering and adoption services have been withdrawn in some U.S. states because of new legislation banning the discrimination of gay couples.

In a similar vein , Texas Gov. wants women who want a termination to be shown sonagrams and be made to listen to heartbeats to discourage then.
Can anyone else see the combined impact of both of these issues .

Well done to right wing religion once again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2011, 08:43 AM
RE: Catholic Morality.
(05-29-2011 05:58 AM)Martinuk Wrote:  In a similar vein , Texas Gov. wants women who want a termination to be shown sonagrams and be made to listen to heartbeats to discourage then.

Wow, I don't think I heard anything about the adoption part, but I think that anyone the adopts a child is more likely to be a better parent then someone that has a child by accident. (I'm not saying unwanted pregnancies bread unwanted kids, just that people that qualify to adopt are well vetted.)

Showing women the sonagrams, heartbeats, etc. That is extreme! I don't know of anyone who just happily runs down to go get an abortion.

On the contrary it's usually a decision that has tons of forethought! And inevitably is done for the welfare of both the mother and fetus. Obviously it can be argued that it's rarely the best for the fetus, but raising a child in an unfit home is tantamount to toucher. Especially for drug addicts, or the very poor, or even very young girls that don't have a support structure to help out.

Showing rubbing there nose in what they are doing is MESSED UP!

As for your point Martinuk, yah, it seems like that could lead to more children being orphaned or uncared for. Did you see the movie or book, Freakonomics? They point out in it that a large reason for reduction in crime in the 1990's or so, was do to women having the right to have an abortion etc. It's quite interesting.

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious