Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Building Noah's Ark
11-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Building Noah's Ark
I heard about this group that is building a replica of Noah's ark based on the specifications in the bible. I'm not exactly sure what there reasoning behind it is, I'm sure it's religious and I don't care enough to read more.

But as I was looking through their website, arkencounter.com/, where they are pushing heavily for donations for this 25.5 million dollar project (seems way overpriced.) It occurred to me that if they build the ark to the sizes specified in the bible, it will make it very obvious that it couldn't contain 7 of every clean creatures 7 of every bird and 2 of every unclean creatures. (Depending on which contradictory version of the story you prefer.)

Quote:You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. —Genesis 6:19-20

Quote:Take with you seven of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and two of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, and also seven of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. —Genesis 7:2-3

It's almost like it is being built to show how observed this story is. I assume it will be geared for children, and I'm sure that any children who have been to a zoo will be able to notice just how small the ark is compared to the sizes of the animals it is to contain. I'm interested in what the justification will be for these inconsistencies.

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious