Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aliens , the Origins of Life....
08-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Aliens , the Origins of Life....
Yesterday I had an interesting conversation with my friend Adrian, he had been watching a few videos about alien intelligence.

Although he is pretty sure that life on this planet began on this planet , he thought it reasonable to entertain the idea that life here could have been seeded from somewhere else in the solar system or even further.
During the Late Heavy Bombardment period maybe.
Or was it a more purposeful event instigated by an alien intelligence ,the "cosmic ark" idea .

What we did agree on was that if any of these ideas were the case , they all must have originated from a place that had undergone the same or similar process of evolution by natural selection and random mutation as we have .

Most scientists are in agreement that hyperthermophilic, or ‘heat-loving’, microbes could have been the earliest life forms to originate on Earth, or the survivors from an even more ancient biosphere carried here on impact debris .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2011, 08:06 AM
RE: Aliens , the Origins of Life....
(08-28-2011 03:03 AM)Martinuk Wrote:  What we did agree on was that if any of these ideas were the case , they all must have originated from a place that had undergone the same or similar process of evolution by natural selection and random mutation as we have .

I'm glad you added that part.

Life could come from anywhere, and the idea that a comet or meteor could have helped out is definitely a possibility.
Quote:The amino acid glycine, a fundamental building block of proteins, has been found in a comet for the first time, bolstering the theory that raw ingredients of life arrived on Earth from outer space, scientists said on Monday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/08/1...2I20090818

What I find hard to understand is when people say that life coming from non-life is so improbable that it must have been created by a all powerful God. Even though the probability of a God is far less probable then life coming from non-life. This doesn't seem to make sense to them.

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious