Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About Myself
04-22-2013, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2013 08:23 PM by david barratt.)
About Myself
Hello Everybody of like mind! When I heard the grossly unfair horror Bible story of Cain/Abel at the age of six from my Christadelphian parents, I even at that age realized instinctively how wrong this was. I never ever accepted any of their teachings thereafter and in spite of a forced, (with frequent violent episodes against my person) silent compliance with their mode of life and ideas and a sham baptism into their faith, at the first opportunity I escaped their clutches, cocked a snook at their pit of lies and deception, entered the normal world of realists and lived my own life free from such extreme, bigoted ignorance. My Bible is now the Books of Holy Science, my Patriarchs the great men who have given us the wonders of the modern world - Darwin, Einstein, Hubble, Dawkins etc and my Comfort the knowledge that I live an enlightened human being in an enlightened world and this despite all its problems and failings. I am eighty two and still continue to enjoy learning of the wonders of the Universe and only regret that I will not live long enough to see the great flowering of civilization which awaits mankind in the future. May you all live a long life free from bigotry.AngelHeart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2013, 03:53 AM
RE: About Myself
Welcome! Glad you have you here, and thanks for sharing your story.

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: About Myself
(04-24-2013 03:53 AM)Garrett Fogerlie Wrote:  Welcome! Glad you have you here, and thanks for sharing your story.

Hello Garret, nice of you to acknowledge me so quickly. Your reasons for feelings of antipathy in respect of religions are apposite, ie totally fitting and appropriate to any modern person of understanding. 'No love can man have greater than for learning.' The person who for whatever reasons causes any barrier to be erected to the progress of learning is the greatest enemy and direst of all mankind - 'The True Satan' if you will pardon my paraphrasing of those holy scriptures and bigoted worshipers we rightly despise so greatly. Keep up the good work and I will try help you to my utmost with your mission. Best regards David.
Find all posts by this user

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious