Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A long lost relative has left me $57,000,000
08-30-2011, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2011 04:14 AM by Garrett Fogerlie.)
Exclamation A long lost relative has left me $57,000,000
Do these scam email's work on anyone? I get a junk email like this at least once a day, they're all slightly different, but have the same outrageous claim!

You would think it would be more effective if they just lower the dollar amount to something that is somewhat believable. But no, I don't think I have ever seen one saying I have won less than a million dollars!

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2011, 03:01 PM
RE: A long lost relative has left me $57,000,000
I found a washed £10 in my back pocket this morning .

Now that is more realistic and happens to be true ....Yay for me!!

It's the emails you get that say we are changing your bank account from what looks like a real bank that I think are really dangerous . If your not very savvy you could get ripped off .
Find all posts by this user
09-02-2011, 05:55 AM
RE: A long lost relative has left me $57,000,000
For sure, I almost logged into one of those once, but before I clicked submit I glanced at the URL and noticed it wasn't correct.

Most of the good ones actually redirect you to the real site after you hit submit too.

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious