Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
50-year scandal baby trafficking by Catholic church...
10-19-2011, 02:38 AM
50-year scandal baby trafficking by Catholic church...
Up to 300,000 Spanish babies were stolen from their parents and sold for adoption over a period of five decades, a new investigation reveals.

The children were trafficked by a secret network of doctors, nurses, priests and nuns in a widespread practice that began during General Franco’s dictatorship and continued until the early Nineties.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1bDdGr2fm

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2011, 01:25 AM
RE: 50-year scandal baby trafficking by Catholic church...
Until now,I am still intrigued by this report.It was really a depressing news,I could only sigh Undecided.Reading this article Catholic Church stole Spanish babies, resold them is painful and infuriating. The scandals never seem to end. It seems like anything we have ever had to be proud of, as far as our Catholic identity, is being stripped away from us.I have also seen the BBC 2 Television documentary which unveils that as much as 300,000 Spanish babies were stolen from their parents by the Catholic Church. The BBC 2 documentary, “Spain's Taken Newborns,” tells tales of horror and woe, as Catholic authorities told parents their kids had passed away not long after birth.
10-29-2011, 12:22 PM
(10-28-2011 01:25 AM)nicolesmith Wrote:  Until now,I am still intrigued by this report.It was really a depressing news,I could only sigh Undecided.Reading this article Catholic Church stole Spanish babies, resold them is painful and infuriating. The scandals never seem to end. It seems like anything we have ever had to be proud of, as far as our Catholic identity, is being stripped away from us.I have also seen the BBC 2 Television documentary which unveils that as much as 300,000 Spanish babies were stolen from their parents by the Catholic Church. The BBC 2 documentary, “Spain's Taken Newborns,” tells tales of horror and woe, as Catholic authorities told parents their kids had passed away not long after birth.

It's really frightening what we do to our own children and also what society fails to do for it's vulnerable, I try to do what I can as far as charities are concerned but is this easing my own conscience, I'm not sure.
The thing is we should expect more from those in society who are supposed to stand for morality, it's a farce, the more I learn the more disgust I have towards organised religion and it's leaders.
10-30-2011, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2011 10:49 PM by Garrett Fogerlie.)
I don't think I saw this story in the news in America, but wow, how outrageous. Not just in the fact that infants were passed off without consent, but there are well documented issues that effect adopted children if they are parted from their mothers after a certain young age, more so than just newborn children.

This is just shocking! I find it hard to believe/comprehend that anyone could participate in this.

My personal #1 reason that I don't like religion is because I like knowledge! And Religion suppresses knowledge; not just the knowledge unfortunately, but it suppresses the entire drive to understand.
http://www.EvilTheists.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2012, 02:52 AM
Spanish babies were stolen from their parents Lunettes Chanelby the Catholic Church. The BBC 2 documentary, “Spain's Taken Newborns,” tells tales of horror and woe,Lunettes Oakley as Catholic authorities told parents their kids had passed away not long after birth.

Armani

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious